Ok, so there’s been a LOT of behind the scenes work going on over here to get ready for our big Spread the Love Tour 2010!! And we are ready to unveil a lot!
Like what I plan on packing!! :)
Life on the road for two months is going to be pretty interesting to say the least . So we’re definitely going to need some creature comforts to keep us sane. You’ve already seen what Julia plans on bringing with her. I *should’ve* told her to also pack ear plugs because I like to sing in the car. But maybe some things are more fun when they’re discovered!
So, now feast your eyes on some of the things that will definitely be making it into my suitcase!!
1. My skin always gets SO dry in the winter. So I’m just taking a leap here in saying it’s going to be that much worse going to places like Denver in February! I’ll definitely need to keep some L’Occitane lotion handy.
2. What can I say? I’m a hoodie junky….love this Sherpa one from J.Crew especially. One in every color please!
3. My trusty iPod shuffle (in teal of course!) with lots o’ tunes for the road. Y’know…..for when everyone gets tired of my singing.
4. Love, love, love…..it’s what we’re spreading. Wait. :) From Victoria’s Secret
5. What could make 13 hours on the road at a time more bearable? Plaid, flannel pajama bottoms of course! Also VS
6. So that I don’t get completely buried in a mountain of email I would never crawl back out from after two months on tour, we’ll be bringing our handy dandy ATT connect card so we can have internet and get some work done from the road.
7. Because we’re going to be spending so much time driving, we knew we were going to need some tricked out surroundings to make it more comfortable. Like a flat screen tv, bose headphones and dvd player. I plan on bringing a lot of romantic comedies and scary movies. Like how hilarious would it be to make Julia watch “Joy Ride” from the road?! Bwah, ha, ha!!
8. I have a confession. I am totally and 100% lip gloss dependent. If I don’t have some about every 15 minutes, my lips totally shrivel up and die. True story. So I’ll make sure I pack extra!!
9. Stacy’s Pita Chips! My fave! Pair em’ with fresh salsa and I’m in road trip heaven.
10. Our laptop for lots o’ blogging from the road! I mean if we stop to see the world’s biggest ball of string, you’re going to WANT to see that, right??
11. I’m finishing up John Maxwell’s 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership and will definitely bring a few copies with me on the tour!
12. Fact: I pretty much live in my Uggs from November to April. I’m not sure what kind of winter you folks down in TX get, but I fully intend on wearing them anyway!
13. And finally, every good road trip needs a snuggly blanket to curl up under and watch the miles pass by. From Pottery Barn
What’s that you say?? You didn’t read this post just to find out what’s in my bag or what kind of chips I eat? You were looking for some OTHER exciting news? Hmmmm….what could that be? :)
Oh yea, how about that the dates are finally SET for the tour?? How bout that? Would that be exciting?? And that I’m about to TELL you what they are….what’s that you say, SUPER exciting?? I agree!!
We’ll be kicking everything off in our own backyard: Beantown, aka Boston on January 5th!
Spread the Love Boston: January 5th
Spread the Love NYC: January 6th
Spread the Love DC: January 7th
Spread the Love Richmond: January 8th
***We’ll be heading to Nashville here to be in town for Imaging/DWF. For any of you guys that are planning on coming to Imaging and can’t make any of the other stops (or just want to come twice!!) we’ve planned the Nashville stop to be the day after the conferences end, just for you!! Well….and all the Nashville people! :)
Spread the Love Nashville: January 14th
Spread the Love Charlotte: January 15th
Spread the Love Atlanta: January 18th
Spread the Love Jacksonville: January 19th
Spread the Love Houston: January 22nd
Spread the Love Austin: January 25th
Spread the Love Dallas: January 26th
Spread the Love Phoenix: February 2nd
Spread the Love San Diego: February 4th
Spread the Love LA: February 5th
Spread the Love San Fran: February 8th
Spread the Love Seattle: February 11th
Spread the Love Salt Lake City: February 15th
Spread the Love Denver: February 17th
Spread the Love Kansas City: February 19th
Spread the Love Chicago: February 22nd
***We’ll be taking a break here to get ready for WPPI 2010 where we will be speaking for the very first time! Bleh….I feel like throwing up already!! :) :) And then we will wrap up the tour after WPPI with our Maine stop, when hopefully it will be a little warmer up that way!
Spread the Love Maine: March 24th
Ok, so now are you ready for the REALLY exciting news? No, the reea-heh-heaaaaally exciting news? Well, here ya go! We are going to be having a one-day, count em ONE DAY only pre-sale on seats this friday, Black Friday!! And for that ONE day only you can grab up your seat for just $50. Yep, 5-0. The seats will normally be three times that so this is definitely the day to do it if you know you wanna go!!
The number crunchers (cause see I am definitely NOT a number cruncher!) tell me that in order for us to basically break even on any given stop we will need 50 confirmed sign ups to keep that city on the tour. Otherwise we will have to cancel it or absorb it into another stop. Which I do NOT want to do!! Because I want the chance to meet & hug every single one of you in all TWENTY-ONE cities!
So…..I’m asking for your help.
See we want this to be a grass roots tour. A homegrown tour. Basically, we want this to be YOUR tour. So I want to know….will you go out and spread the word for us the way you did with the twitter contest? (You’re amazing by the way and we LOVE you for doing that!!) Will you twitter, facebook & blog the heck out of it until everyone you know knows about the Black Friday sale? Will you ask people to come with you (remember you don’t have to be a photographer to attend!) and really go to bat for your city and this tour? Will you help me so that come Saturday morning, we can tell the number crunchers to go stick it because all TWENTY ONE cities are making it on this tour, thank you very much and we don’t NEED their calculators any more?
Will you help me?
Will you spread the word?
So we can Spread the Love.
** For everyone who blog, facebooks or twitters (shoot us an email saying that you did!) you will be entered into a drawing to win a FREE seat to the Spread the Love of your choice. We’ll be giving away a bunch of em, so get to typing!! We can’t wait to see you!!
So much love,