Happy Friday everyone!
J&M are out on a shoot so I thought I would pop in and hook you up with a post before you all head off for some weekend fun!
Last night, Mike and I sat and sorted mail. Restoration Hardware, Anthropologie, Pottery Barn, and Crate & Barrel all arrived in our mailbox and they were beckoning from the bottom of the pile. As we finished ripping up the last of the credit card offers, I cracked open the newest issue of Crate & Barrel and we got to talking about our kitchen. A kitchen that has come quite a long way in the past 12 months! Before we left on tour last year, Mike and I started our kitchen renovation. We ripped it apart from Top. To. Bottom. Our Before consisted of original 1956 cabinetry, approximately 5 layers of linoleum, and appliances from 1985. So right now, I guess you could say, we are in phase 2 of kitchen renovation. Right now, it looks like a kitchen and acts like a kitchen but it’s not quite where we want it to be.
Phase 1 of our kitchen renovation included replacing the linoleum with tile, taking out all of the cabinets and replacing them with shelving (We love how open our kitchen looks now!), and adding a butcher block cabinet for the dishwasher (that way we still have some space to chop, dice, and slice!) We installed a hanging pot rack, wall shelving, and some hanging spice racks. Most of the accents around our kitchen are stainless steel and the walls are Sun Shower Yellow.
But here’s the deal. It’s not quite US yet. So here’s a design board with all of the things we are working toward adding to our kitchen. The things that will make our kitchen scream Julia & Mike. These will come slowly over the course of the next year (or two, or three!)… but we are super excited about our vision! YAY!
1. A stainless steel dishwasher from Home Depot (ours is currently white)
2. A stainless steel double oven range also from Home Depot (we still have the white one. From 1985.)
3. A stainless steel ceiling fan available at Home Depot (yup, still white!)
4. Some ultra cool storage bins from Sundance to replace our basic chrome shelving
5. A new hood for our stove. This one is from Ikea
6. More shelving from Sundance! I know just where I would put this!
7. Gorgeous pendant lamps from Anthropologie. Right now we have simple white pendants above our sink.
8. Some vintage stools from Sundance I guess you could say, I’m currently obsessed with Sundance Home! Whoever sent us that catalogue is a marketing genius!
9. Love how rustic this little kitchen island is. Also from Sundance
10. Some metal crates to hold utensils etc. From Sundance Yup. Officially obsessed.
11. Some really cool wooden crates. From, wait for it. Sundance!
12. Cute glass jars from Crate & Barrel
13. An amazing shelving unit from Anthropologie!
So what are you currently coveting for your home? I’d love to know, because I just might add it to my wish list! :)
Do you like me? Do you want to be my friend? Check yes or no :)