The rain has been coming down all morning and thrumming its fingertips along the edges of our window panes. Beside me, a cinnamon dolce latte steams its way heaven bound and a fluffly golden retriever sleeps at my feet. I love days like this. It’s the kind of day where you want to tortilla yourself up in a goose down duvet and not move for hours. Maybe you sleep a little. Maybe you read a little. But it doesn’t really matter. People in tortilla duvets answer to no one.
This week has been a good one.
A few days ago, Emily sent me this really nice note on facebook. In it she basically said, “I know your days aren’t all balloons and bumble gum” but thanks for putting it out there anyway. I liked that. Because I think that’s how life really is. It isn’t all good. It isn’t always exciting. But somewhere in there….in the moments masquerading as mundane, in the breaths we’re so tempted to look over….life happens.
And in the immortal words of Ferris Bueller, life moves pretty fast, you don’t stop and look around once in a while you could miss it. So in honor of Mr. Bueller, and since it’s Sunday and I’m too tortilla lazy to write a full blog post about any one of them, here’s a lil’ list in bullet form of some of our life happenings this past week.
Here’s to not missing a thing.
*Sometimes we get home pretty late from weddings. If it goes past his normal bed time, Cooper will walk himself up two flights of stairs and put himself to bed. Friday night when we got home, he had even tucked himself in under the covers. Our dog is Planet of the Apes smart.
* Speaking of, have you SEEN the preview for the new Planet of the Apes movie? Seriously, freaky stuff. Just the preview alone, is enough to make me never watch Curious George again.
* Last night we went to go see Crazy Stupid Love at the theater, which was awesome by the way. But while were in line to get tickets, the lady in front of us kept screaming over our heads at her husband at the concession stand. BUTTER. No, what? No I said BUTTER. Can you get it with BUTTER? I wanted to Lucy Liu drop kick her into a vat of some butter.
* I’ve really been loving this song by Jake Owen lately. It makes me all warm & fuzzy inside. And like I want to go find a lake in the backwoods of Mississipi somewhere and live there forever.
* We found this ice cream that looks like Restoration Hardware themselves made it. I can’t decide whether to eat it or paint with it.
* While driving in the car earlier this week, Justin told me that he plans on never going completely gray. Y’know…just 18%. Ba-dum-bump.
* While shooting our wedding at the Bostom Museum of Science, the coordinator told me that a lot of photographers like to put the couple in the Apollo 13 display for pictures. Ummmm Houston, we have a problem. But hey we put them in front of a triceratops named Cliff, so I can’t really say anything. :)
* Allison Walton sent me this link to lil’ Miss Taylor Swift rapping some Eminem. It makes me smile.
* In the past week, three different people have told us we look like Tabitha & Napoleon from So You Think You Can Dance. I’m not really sure how to feel about that.
* At Friday’s wedding, I ended up wearing polka dots AND a sequined headband. After seeing this picture Justin grabbed of me, I’m not sure who would be prouder of me: Annette Funicello circa the 1952 Mickey Mouse Club or a traveling circus performer. Yea, probably the circus performer.
Happy Sunday y’all!