On Sunday, Justin & I got in our car and made the three hour drive to right outside of Philly for Kelly & Paul’s wedding at the glorious Cairnwood Estate.
Yes, glorious. Because, really, glorious is the only way you can describe Cairnwood…trust me, it’s magnificent. Ok, glorious AND magnificent…two, there are only two ways you can describe Cairnwood. But I digress. Because this post isn’t really about Cairnwood.
It’s about the three hour drive there. And then the full day of shooting the wedding. And then, because we’re extra crazy (and because we had a project back home we were working on yesterday), the three hour drive back that night.
It was a lot. And at around 11pm with all of our gear still left to pack up and that drive looming ahead of us, I started to go all disaster movie about the situation: Leave it. It’s too late for them. We have to go on without them. We’ll find new lenses. Start a new life. But lucky for me and my delirious self, Justin was feeling way more Black Hawk Down. LEAVE NO LENS BEHIND! And so he went to work, and in record time our bags were packed and ready to roll.
Now a HUGE part of that credit goes to Justin and his completely OCD tendencies which means that every piece of gear we have has a place and was accounted for. But what makes THAT possible, are the two bags that have basically changed our photography travel lives: The Think Tank Airport International roller bags.
These bags are amazing. We take them everywhere we go. And since to say that we’ll be traveling just a little bit more this year for weddings would be about the understatement of the century, we are feeling extra thankful that we made the investment to have these bags with us all the time. Here are just a couple of reasons these bags rock our world:
* The inside sections are fully customizable, which means that you can literally create cut out shapes for every piece of gear that you own. And once everything has a place, one quick look will tell you if you’re missing anything. Which means that, literally, no lens is ever left behind.
* The Airport Internationals are specifically designed to be able to fit into any overhead compartment, which means we never have to check our gear bags and run the risk of anything getting lost or damaged.
* The bags themselves are designed to look like regular black rolly bag luggage, so there’s less risk of them getting stolen. They also come equipped with a bicycle-type lock so you can tie them down to something when you’re out shooting.
* They keep us incredibly organized and because we know exactly where everything goes, our pack up time at the end of the night has been cut in half.
* They also offer low rise inserts, which leaves room for a laptop to be packed in there as well. Which means we can cruise through airports with no weight on our shoulders.
Think Tank is actually running a pretty awesome special right now through June 17th where when you buy one of their rolling bags, they will gift you one of their laptop cases to go in it for free. So if you’ve been looking for a solution for traveling with your gear (or even just for being extra organized at your local weddings!) definitely check them out!
Because really, no lens should be left behind. And a pocket wizard is a terrible thing to waste.
**And since every post is more fun if a little contest is involved, we put together a little Think Tank prize pack to giveaway! All you have to do is leave a comment in the box below to get entered and we’ll pick one lucky winner on Friday to win a Think Tank card wallet, Gel wallet & the Retrospective Lens Changer bag that we just ordered for ourselves! And…GO!!